Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Words Cannot Express...

Lately, I am really truly coming to the realization of the truthfulness of the phrase, "words cannot express...."

Life is truly a whirlwind of emotions; you can be soaring high one moment, and spiraling low the next and then back up. There is such a range of emotions. For instance, how can the same word happy apply to all those different range of emotions from just simply having a good day, to finding your soulmate, to your wedding day, the birth of your children, watching your children grow to finding contentment in older years.... It just does not seem adequate for all those occasions. Nor does attaching various adverbs such as very, so much, a lot, etc.

I guess that is why it the next phrase "actions speak louder than words." really hits home lately as well too. We read so much more into a person's actions than words.

So when "I say I have learned to be so very grateful for the very bounteous goodness of my Heavenly Father lately; for his infinite patience and consideration for me and all the little things in my life." Let's just say, words cannot quite adequately express just how much gratitude is within my heart.

I think all of this stems from watching General Conference this weekend. The prophet and general authoritie's words just seemed to so hit home with me. I especially loved Elder Holland's remarks on the sufferings of the Savior and that he went through it all for us; for me! It just touched me in a way words cannot express.

I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father and for all of his bounteous blessings and especially the great gift from our elder brother, Jesus Christ. Just how wonderous a gift it truly was stirs my soul more and more.

If you did not get a chance to view conference you can find the link here: http://www.lds.org/conference/languages/0,6353,310-1,00.html

See if you are not touched as well!

1 comment:

Grammy Staffy said...

What a beautiful post.How true your words.
Thank you dear Rebecca.
Love, Lura