Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Easter 2009



Although I am tardy in my Easter post AND I regret to say I did not document it with hardly any pics, we did have a lovely 1st Easter out here in Murrieta.




We colored eggs, although in shifts. Bryce, Brian & Kierstin did theirs first (I did not get a pic of Kierst & Bryce, sorry guys). But she did do 1 token egg so as not to break with tradition; THANKS KIERST!!


But here are Brian's creations:




And I have a confession to make... Bradley and Tyson actually colored their eggs the day after Easter. Bradley wasn't in the mood when everyone else did theirs and Tyson was asleep. I saved everything though since it was Tyson's 1st real egg decorating and he would never know (except for someday when he grows up and reads this post of course)




I'm glad Bradley decided to participate since it is a tradition and that's hard for moms to let go of.






Tyson really got into it:





Although I have no idea how it ended up on his toes.......




I didn't see any toe prints on his eggs..




They all made for a pretty table centerpiece for the rest of the week with these lovely tulips my sister Mary gave me:



Tyson was the first one to wake up and find easter eggs filled with "treasure" hidden around the house. He had so much fun discovering where they were and what was inside them:

The Easter bunny was generous to all:


We had a lovely dinner with Danny's brother Daren and his wife Nikole and kids. My grandma Mary Kay and Aunt Jayna and her son Brian came along with Mary, Patty & Ann.


Since it was Daren's birthday later that week we sang happy birthday to him.
(We won't mention his over 4 decades of life!)

We were blessed to be surrounded by people we love on one of the most sacred holidays. We were able to sit around that night and discuss the true meaning of Easter to end on a spiritual note. It was a nice day.




2 comments:

Heather said...

How nice that all your kids did the eggs.....this year was too overwhelming with family in town and blessing Ember on Easter that I did not get around to the eggs.

Anonymous said...

I have that head shot of Brian leaning on the table with his Easter eggs on display life size in my room. I just love coming home from work and coming into my room and seeing that gorgeous face that looks so pretty. I just love walking up behind him and pressing my cheek against his and brushing my nose and lips across his cheek and nose and lips admiring his looks and beautiful face, then kissing his cheek and reaching around and mouth kissing his mouth and lips. It is exhilarating and Brian is so perfect after a hard day of work. He really brightens up my room and I just love the closeness and intimacy with such a gorgeous little boy.