Wednesday, September 24, 2008

woman = blogger, male = gamer


So I had this brilliant revelation as I was sitting here blogging in the office. I was thinking how it's mostly women that love to socially blog. I love to post things on my blog. I bring my camera around so I won't miss an opportunity to make my blog more interesting, for my future posterity of course. But also, I LOVE to check out all my friends blogs. To see what cute wallpaper they are using on theirs. See what they are up to. Get a yummy recipe' or mostly, for me, I like to get a reality check that I'm not the only crazy one out there going through these crazy things.
The home we're currently renting, is a newer home with the open style. There are seperate rooms downstairs but they have these "windows" in the walls without glass that kind of are half walls that seperate the rooms but because you can see through to the other room.
In any case, I am sitting here "BLOGGING" and directly across from me, in the, what is supposed to be extra room downstairs bedroom, is Danny, GAMING. None of our kids wanted to be in the downstairs bedroom alone (not that I'd want them to be anyway) so I told Danny instead of being exiled to the trailer, he could set up all his gaming in there. Boy did he take it to heart. He went out and bought a loooong table so he could set up his 4 at least 35 inch TVs with XBOX 360 systems. He had already got these cushy chairs from some waiting room office he and his brother had painted. So he's all set up for some major gaming; except we moved and he doesn't really have any gaming buddies....at least so I thought. Until today when we were talking and he mentions some comment his friend so-and-so said.
I asked "who is that?"
"Oh, you haven't met him."
"Where did you meet him?"
"Well, I haven't really met him either."
(me looking perplexed)
"He's my gaming buddy, online."
"How many online 'buddies' do you have?"
"A few."
"So you've never actually met them?"
"No, but they've described themselves to me."
..................Should I be worried? But truly, doesn't your man have a gaming buddy online? I know yours does, Amber Pitt. At least Danny's seen Chad!
But basically, I'm saying that yes, we women have our "thing" (blogs) but men have theirs too (gaming). Maybe someone should invent a blogging game!

P.S. (Danny, you always have an open invitation to blog whatever you'd like on "our blog." I know you always say I get a little off on the story of things, so feel free to correct it.)

4 comments:

Erin said...

We have no kids and yet we have a Wii... and several games. Yep, it's totally a guy thing!

Heather said...

Steve has some gaming buddies too. Xbox 360 widow here!

Melanie Jacobson said...

Totally true. Kenny doesn't game as much as he loves writing programs to do random stuff but we're each content and just sit next to each other with our laptops while we do it, so it all works out.

Grammy Staffy said...

How funny...at least he can't bug you about blogging

Thanks for your prayers for Erin and Patrick... we need them