Sunday, June 7, 2009

Pinewood Derby 2009

I think this is the first year in a number of years that Danny and I haven't had an actual part in the running of a Pinewood Derby. We even bought our own Pinewood Derby Track since our old ward in H.B. didn't have one and we were tired of borrowing one. We figured we'd be in Cubs for a long time and get plenty of use out of it.

Turns out in Murrieta, they have the Pinewood down to a science. The stake comes with their track (which looks just like ours but is metal) and runs the whole thing complete with the electronic finish (no more photo finishes)!

Here's Bryce's car on the track (the middle one). It looked like that in all the five heats he raced.
It may not have been the fastest this year but it certainly was the sleekest looking and he and dad had fun putting it together! We'll go out with a bang next year (it'll be Bryce's last!)




1 comment:

Grammy Staffy said...

I well remember when Dave and your brothers were all into pinewood derby. I don't think David ever won the race but he and John had fun making the coolest cars. Now my grandsons are doing it... how time flies.

I am sending greetings and love. It is a chilly rainy day here in Utah but I feel warm and cozy being here with Lynell's family.

Have a great week. Love, Lura