Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My New Gym!

When we moved, I was sad to discover that my gym, 24 hour fitness, is not conveniently located! It is hard to find time to drive the 15 minutes to get there. I know that sounds crazy but really, it takes 15 min to get there but by the time I get out of the car and get started it's like 20 minutes. that's 40 min. in travel - set-up time, wasted. It's a big deal in my schedule. I don't feel I have time to waste right now.

Fortunately, I have found a FAB gym with a great workout in my own backyard, literally! Best part, it's family friendly. The kids and I (minus Brad but plus Bryce's friend Hunter Patton) did a workout during spring break.

First, you do the the "stair master workout" by climbing this reasonably steep hill."
Some nice treadmill action, run or walk it. Best part, it's pet friendly too!
Nice anarobic workout too if you choose!
Seriously, this is all 10 minutes away from my house. You don't even know you're anywhere close to civilization. Bryce, especially, loves to hike and explore and is constantly taking me for a hike. So great and therapeutic! These are supposed to be holes the Indians ground into these rocks when grinding corn and flour.

Tyson loves coming along too. He reminds me I need to slow down to stop and smell the flowers every now and then!
Complete with a little creek. What more could we ask for if not the beach?We're enjoying it!


Come visit us! We'll take you to see for yourselves!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I want to come out for a hike!

THE HATHCOCK'S said...

That is really beautiful! I love your pool too! How fun to have ALL of that in hour back yard!