Monday, July 6, 2009

The Jokester in the Family

Every family member has their own character identification within the family; see if you can figure Bryce's.

Last week, Bryce officially learned how to clean the bathroom. That was his family responsibility for the week, keeping the upstairs bathroom tidy. I showed him how to clean it from the mirrors, to cabinet wipedown and, of course, the yucky toilet. He was actually rather cheerful about it as he has tired of being the duster and toy picker upper.

So, on Wednesday evening I was in the kitchen, doing the dishes. Bryce comes in, looks at me a few moments and says "mom, why are you using the toilet brush in here?"

"Of course I'm not Bryce, this is a dish brush."

He gets this wide-eyed "uh-oh" look on his face and says "Oh NO! I just used that to clean the toilet!" That was the first day I'd let him have a go at it by himself.

I just looked at him and looked at the brush in my hand. Yes, I guess I could see how it did look similar to the toilet brush. My mind was quickly running over all the things I had washed with it during the day ready to turn out my cabinets and SCOUR EVERYTHING including our mouths! I was REPULSED!!

I turn to look at him again, not sure what to say and he starts laughing hysterically.....
"Just Kidding MOM!"
Ha, Ha, Bryce; You're so NOT the funny guy!
(but you sure got your mom!)

3 comments:

Grammy Staffy said...

So funny! He sure did get you good.

Well at least now you have a clean toilet and clean dishes. I won't ask how they got that way.

Have a good week.

Heather said...

Soo funny! I would have had a heart attack! Lets get together soon!

Cynthia said...

LOL! That was hilarious. Good one Bryce!