Saturday, July 18, 2009

June Celebrations!

June is the busiest month of the year for us. We have 3 out of 7 birthdays in June...
Brian's -2nd, Danny's -18th, mine - 19th (yes, Danny totally lucked out. I told him if he ever forgot my birthday... well, he'd be in for it!). School usually gets out on either our birthday week or the week before, then there is usually girl's camp or scout camp that week and father's day!!

Needless to say, we are in a state of constant celebration!! Brian's Bday I already got down.
So, it may be belated but not any less heartfelt.....

Happy Birthday Danny!!!


He's 21... Again!!!
(age is really irrelevant after that point)

We had a favorite dinner of his, crock-pot chicken, heated up the
jacuzzi and soaked it up (so nice!)
and then, ate cake!
Quiet, but nice.
Happy Birthday and EVERY Day Danny!!



The day after was my birthday. Nice day. We heated up the pool (still a bit chilly for me without it!) and all enjoyed a swim. Danny heated up the Barbie and BBQd some yummy chicken for me! So nice he took over the thing I hate most about my job - making dinner!!

Nice relaxing day, did nothing except read and play in the pool and eat chocolate!!



Kierstin was at girl's camp all week and got back on Friday, my birthday. Funny thing, when we moved out here she was excited to hear they usually go to this really great girls camp with GREAT food! She was excited cuz the camp the H.B. stake attends is vegeterian. However, we discovered a couple of months ago that our new Murrieta stake was trying a new camp, the same one the H.B. Stake went to, the dreaded Veggie Camp!! Of course, Kierstin started lamenting to her friends about the vegetarian menu. The leaders were perplexed the girls found out it was vegeterian. They had wanted to keep that under wraps until closer to camp so they wouldn't hear so much moaning and groaning. I had to admit Kierstin had unwittingly spilled the beans. She knew, cuz she'd been there before. It all worked out though. The H.B. stake had tried to keep it under wraps the first year too and realized it was better letting everyone know so they could prepare by bringing beef jerky, etc. She had fun in spite of the menu!


Sunday after Kierstin got back was father's day. Neither mine or Danny's birthday was on father's day this year. However, I never minded sharing my birthday with my dad. We have always been close. He has given me everything money can't buy, which is priceless, a listening ear, a shoulder to cry on and my testimony and a solid knowlege of the functioning and love of the Lord's church and its programs. Most importantly, he has been an example to me! I couldn't have been blessed with a better father!! Happy Father's Day Dad!!


And, of course, a tribute to the special dad of my kid's lives...
Danny, this is one of the main reasons I married you;
I knew you would make a terrific father, and you have.
Danny just googles over Kierstin. He is her biggest fan. He is constantly bragging about her soccer abilities and scholastic abilities and mostly, her spirituality. He'll talk to people about it until they are glazed over.
The boys absolutely adore their dad, they want to be just like him when they grow up.
Dad is a strong, smart, FUN and also a friend.
Dad is the go to guy for fun.
But most importantly, he has a testimony of the gospel that he shares with the kids, constantly. He is always encouraging them to find out for themselves.
And most importantly, he honor and respects his priesthood.
Thank you for being such a great father Danny!

2 comments:

Grammy Staffy said...

Happy birthday to all of you. I didn't know that Danny and Erin shared the 18th for a birthday.

I love the picture of your dad. I miss your folks being in our ward. How is your mom doing?

Have a good week. Love, Lura

Heather said...

Happy belated Birthday my friend! Sounds like you had a wonderful month. We need to get together soon.