Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Kierstin & Renee

The hardest part of moving is knowing how much you will so miss your friends. Those kind of friends you've spent a lifetime building all of those treasured life moments with.




Kierstin and Renee have been friends since Renee moved into our ward when she was only 2.
Renee is our official daughter #2.



Where there was Kierstin, there was Renee, where you saw Renee, there was Kierstin.
Renee shared Kierstin's bedroom, had her own floorspace. She had followed the same rules, and would get called out for treating Bradley like a real brother. She was even called on to giveblessings and family prayers.

Unfortunately, she does not get to come over as often as we like now. However, when she does, it's back to the same ol' same ol'.

Renee likes to "cook something up" when she comes over
(although I must admit sometimes it turns out better than others.
Lesson learned last time; you need to turn off the heat before
you add the rice cripspies or they get a bit too crispy!!)

These monkey cupcakes were the bomb this visit...Renee found them in a magazine.







Renee likes to wear her creations!!

(this pic doesn't show the lovely brown glob against the black! Giggle!!)

Final result...


They were so darling!
(cupcakes too)


I don't know if you can see, but they each had a different expression!
So clever! If it was me, they'd all had looked like the one in the magazine!






This dead one, was my fav!




Renee's birthday is July 3. We had a surprise belated birthday cake...

Who me?... I'm sure she wished she could be closer!




Cathching up with an old friend, Callie Campbell

They're oh so cool, in the pool!All good friends need "s'more" good times like this!!


You know you're good friends when you don't really have to "do" anything

to enjoy eachother's company!

Love you Renee, come again soon!


3 comments:

Grammy Staffy said...

It looks like you all had a great time with Renee. I love all of the pictures. Those cupcakes are darling. I will have to try those with my grandkids.

To answer you qt. no.... we do not hire a guide to go rafting. Our son-in-law is our guide. We have been doing this so many years that he knows the river well.

We just got home a few min. ago. I guess that I'd better help unpack the car.
Have a great week. Love, Grammy Lura

Shannon said...

How fun that Kierstin has such a great friend. She is lucky. I remember sleep overs and swimming and lots of boy talk with you. Ahhh the good ol' days (smile).

Kristin said...

What an adorable post! I love friends :)