Sunday, January 18, 2009

Christmas 2008

We had a very lovely Christmas this year. Most importantly, we have a nice home, food on the table and the spirit of the Lord. We have health and strength and safety and most importantly the gospel in our lives.

My family is growing so quickly before my eyes. I'm sobered by the fact that as of now, Kierstin only has 3 more Christmases home with us before she will be "visiting" for Christmas! Yikes! I'm trying to treasure all these precious moments and memories with my kids. They are so wonderful. They strive so hard to do what's right and are really making good life choices. They are truly thinking for themselves and developing their own testimonies of the gospel. There truly is no greater gift than that and I pray for it to be the same every year.

I have to note that we were so very blessed to be fortunate enough to enjoy some luxuries in our lives (I often have to remind my kids they are luxuries and not necessities). But I think it's interesting to document what they "got" since they often ask what I got or asked for when I was young.

Tyson received a basketball hoop just his size with several balls to go with it. We all have enjoyed making 2 points all day long.

Brian scored a scateboard from Santa (the sword is from Bryce)



Bryce got a remote control helicopter that really flies!


I know, this picture looks awful, but it's just an airsoft rifle that dad helped Santa choose. (mom got the expensive Volcom hat he's been wanting.


Kierstin got her very own digital camera. We'll see what she captures with it.


Danny and I bought ourselves a new video camera at Thanksgiving time for a gift to ourselves. Ours broke several years ago and we've realized we've missed out on a lot of precious time. In the meantime, I'm taking videos and fogetting to take still pics so I didn't get a pic of Mary and Ann who stayed with us christmas Eve and was here for Christmas morning. We are so glad they shared it with us. Uncle Daren, Aunt Nikole, Kelsey, Hayden & Hailey and my Aunt Jayna, her son Brian came to share Christmas dinner. Grandma Mary Kay was going to come too but had a sore back.

It was a lovely day. I love the holiday seasons! It's a good time to truly reflect upon the blessing of all the gifts that Heavenly Father has deemed fit to bestow upon my family. Danny and I do indeed, feel very wealthy!















No comments: