Sunday, July 27, 2008

July 26, 2008, Happy 11th Birthday Brad!

Happy Birthday




to my #1 boy!


(my firstborn)


Who Truly Brings me so much joy!
11 years ago, yesterday, I was walking around the "Happiest Place on Earth" with Danny, Kierstin & Danny's brother and his wife and kids. I was 2 days away from being nine months pregnant (I was due in 2 days). I figured, what was the big deal, the hospital is close and maybe it would help Bradley decide to come on time....




Boy, was I right. I started having contractions on the way from Disneyland to meet my family at dinner in Anaheim to celebrate my grandfather Junior's birthday at our favorite restaurant...




I thought, these contractions are getting pretty regular and strong. So, after dinner we take my sister Mary home with me. She was the one to watch Kierstin while we welcomed her new brother into the world...




Sure enough, a few hours later, Bradley Christian Baak blessed our lives by entering our family one day early, July 26, 1997 (he was actually due on Junior's birthday, 7/27/97, which would have make for a fun rhyme for your birthdate but he had his own idea).




Bradley has always had a sweet, loving nature from the beginning. He had a great tempermant and loved to snuggle. I love this picture of him and dad just home from the hospital.. He was the smallest of my 5... 7 lbs 9 oz. but still long at 21 inches.






(Brad snuggling dad, just home from the hospital)





My happy little boy!





After big sister Kierstin's

initial shock at having to share the spotlight, they could be found side, by side



getting into all sorts of mischief!

I couldn't have asked for a better example of an older brother for 3 younger bros than Brad. He is sensitive, caring and considerate. He is patient and helpful with his younger brother and considerate of his older sister.

Where do 11 years go to? It seems like yesterday I was 11 years old watching all the deacons passing the sacrament, in particular watching the ONE I had a crush on. Now, my boy will be up there passing the sacrament in only 1 year! What an important year this is! Middle school, hormones, (girls looking at my boy that way, NO WAY!) Too fast for me. I want to savor these memories!! (that's why I'm blogging)

Dad and I are so blessed to have you in our lives. We learn a lot from your example!

HAPPY 11th BIRTHDAY
and every day, Bradley!!!
XXXOOO





4 comments:

Erin said...

What a sweet kid! Happy Birthday Brad!

11 Years?? Wow, how time flies! You are right, when I look at my nieces and nephews they look so little to me... but then I remember having crushes in 3rd grade and every year since. YIKES!! Guess what? My mom and dad brought up an old box of my stuff and guess what I found in it? Loads of letters from you from jr. high all the way to high school. It's so fun because I can tell what I wrote to you by your reply to me. They are precious to me! I could write a book with all of them!!!

Robin Davis said...

Brad,

Wow!! You are 11 years old. Next year you will receive the priesthood. What a great honor. Your grandma and I look forward to seeing you receive the priesthood next year.

We love you.

Grammy Staffy said...

Happy birthday Brad. What a sweet post.

We've had a great time visiting here in Utah. It was fun sharing Erin's birthday with her... then we camped in Wyoming together... now we must start home. I hate to leave Erin's today.... but thankful we had such a good visit.

Love, Grammy Lura

Shannon said...

So what is this I hear about you moving. Where are going to set down roots. Have you sold your place out there? Why are you leavig the beach? When is this all going to happen? I love I idea of you being out here near us.