Sunday, June 29, 2008

I'm 35!!!

I'm officially 35 and loving life!

I LOVE birthdays. I'm not one to try to skip over it or try to hope it doesn't happen or reverse the clock. It truly is a celebration that 35 years ago I was welcomed into this lovely life! What a wonderful life I've had too; so much to be grateful for...

- I was born into a loving home with awesome parents who taught me great principles.

-I get to be the OLDEST of 6 kids (I really feel for you middle & youngest kids).

-I have AWSOME brothers & sisters with whom I feel loved & supported by.

-I survived growing up in Utah till I was 12

-Got to move to Norco and meet a group of AMAZING friends who kept me grounded
and we managed to have good, clean fun and make it through the pitfalls of highschool.

-Thanks to blogging, I feel more connected with my friends and it's like we've never
been apart!

-Met a wonderful man at 19 and was able to go through the St. George temple. He will
keep me Forever Young (just our song, thanks for having it on your blog Heather)

-Get to live in Huntington Beach for the 16 years of my married life, LOVE IT HERE!!

-Have 5 INCREDIBLE children who keep my life worthwhile & entertaining

-Met so many wonderful "for lifer" friends here. You've really been examples to me!

-I'm enjoy HEALTH & STRENGTH, HUGE!

-Get to live in USA & enjoy amazing freedoms & liberties

-Etc, Etc, Etc,
The list is really to huge to keep adding to. So see, why wouldn't I enjoy celebrating another year of my life? I've learned so much. I appreciate all the life lessons I learn, although many have not been easy. I have learned and grown and hopefully moved on and know better now.

I don't want to repeat any part of my life, as much as I've loved it or wish I could have done things so differently. I look forward to each new phase. And I have definately moved to the next phase of my life...

I have a family with a daughter starting high school.... YIKES! I admit, this is a HUGE milestone that has been hard to cross for me. A son starting middle school (who unknowingly knows all the right things to say to a girl). A son going into 3rd grade, 1 starting kidnergarten and my 1 1/2 year old. Yes... I will officially have kids in 3 different schools for the next 10 years! AND I will be getting up for seminary at the crack of dawn again, and again, and again for the next 18!!
(Of course my dear seminary buddies, Erin, Heather & Shannon know how gracefully I handled it the 1st time around!)
I look so forward to watching my kids' lives role out before them.

Life is an adventure.

My 35 Bday adventure...

Thanks to my friends Kristin & Helen who helped make my 35 birthday an adventure.

We went to dinner at Chilis and upon learning my ears were not pierced (boy have I missed out on life!) they drag me to Wal*Mart to get my ears pierced at 9:30 at night. (yes, they have EVERYTHING there.)

They even had 2 women there to do my piercings at the same time! Actually, I found out I was more of a guinea pig to the one woman who I was the first piercing she was to ever do. Was I lucky or what? Yes, it was just as it sounds... or what!

The experienced lady, popped it right in...

The new lady, well, it went in all right nice and S.....L...O....W! To add the cherry on top, the earring got stuck in the gun. I got to learn a lesson in patience (which my children will be thankful for since I don't have enough of it) while they wrestled for 15 whole minutes, twisting and pulling at my ear trying to get the darn thing off! I think my ear was going to come off before that earring was going to let loose of that gun!

FORTUNATELY, I am an hope for the worst, but expect the best sort of person. And although I used to be a big needle wimp, after having 5 kids, I have learned to toughen up. So it really was not bad at all. My ears didn't turn hot and throb like I thought they would and it wasn't really so bad while they worked on trying to get it free. (better it happen to me than some poor kid!)

Plus, it was fun watching Helen & Kristing squirm as they watched the torture they were putting me through for my bday! (j/k)

(wish I'd taken a better close up)
(I meant moi, not You, Helen or Kristin)

It was totally fun and makes for a great blog story. I look forward to wearing some really cool designer earrings in 5 more weeks!

5 comments:

Grammy Staffy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR REBECCA
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.

I had forgotten that you and Lynell have birthdays so close together..I just did her birthday post.. and didn't you and Erin have a combined birthday one year or was that someone else???? I'm getting senile!!!

Did you get your ears pierced free after that ordeal? I hope so. That was awful.

You have lots of reasons to celebrate my sweet little friend. I celebrate that you were Erin's friend and a part of our family when you were growing up. You blessed our lives with your goodness. Happy Birthday with Love

{jen} iCandyhandmade said...

What a fun idea for your bday!

Heather said...

Ahhhhh seminary.....those were the days!

I CAN"T believe you got your ears pierced!!!!!!!! Now you can wear some fab earings!

Happy Birthday Young Friend! I still have a hard time believing we are this young! I'm next and I hope I can do this gracefully like you!

Hey if you want to come out for the day I am going to go to Glen Ivy on the 15th for my celebration!

Dixons said...

Happy late birthday, Rebecca! It sounds like it was quite the adventure....leave it to Helen and Kristin! Anyway, hope you had a great day! You'll have to keep me posted on the move.... Good luck with everything!

Autumn said...

Happy Late Birthday, sounds like you girls had lots of fun. I promise I will get your suit to you this week, life has been crazy and haven't been able to even make church the last few weeks!