Friday, February 13, 2009

John & Allison and kids got Disneyland trip from Santa Clause for Christmas this year. They came down at the perfect time to go, the 2nd week in January. Everyone is back to business, Disneyland is so enjoyable.







They stayed close to Disneyland and went for 3 days. On Sunday, they came out to visit us in Murrieta. We had Mary, Ann, Jayna, Brian Jr & Gma Mary Kay over. It was a nice visit!





We also celebrated grandma Mary Kay's 82nd birthday and Bryce's 9th birthday!



Happy Birthday Grandma Mary Kay!!


Grandma's great-grandkids & grandkid - Brian Jr.
I love my grandma Mary Kay. I have so many fond memories with grandma Mary Kay. She and Junior paid for our family to take a trip on the train from Utah to visit them in anaheim, CA when I was 8 years old. I still remember the train ride and choosing a Christmas tree that was a foot too tall (even though we all told Junior it was just too big!). Mostly, I remember the ride down beach blvd. and getting out to sit on the sand at Huntington Beach. We didn't get in the water but it was my first real visit with the beach. I remember just loving sitting there listening to the waves and thinking "I would LOVE to live here someday!" Little did I know that 11 years later it would become a reality.
I was lucky enough to get to spend 1 month alone with just grandma Mary Kay and Junior. When I was 12, dad came home and announced we were moving to CA. I was excited! Dad had to go start work a month early, they hadn't quite sold the house and his job was starting. Mom was worried him making the long drive to Las Vegas, where he was going to meet Junior and Mary Kay alone. I suggested I go with him to help keep him awake. I was so excited to be living there. I remember riding in the car with grandma and coming down the 215 into the valley and asking Mary Kay what all the brown stuff was, it's smog she explained. No matter to me, I still was excited. We had a fun time reading and exploring the wax museum, the beach again. It was fun having all the attention. Grandma really helped install in me the love of reading! I also got to help her with several home improvement projects. I also owe my brilliant smile to Junior and Mary Kay (I was thankful then but I sure am now!)
Thanks Grandma for everything. May not only your birthday, but every day be happy!
















2 comments:

Grammy Staffy said...

Happy birthday to both Grandma Mary kay and Bryce.

What a wonderful celebration you had. The pictures surely show the love that was there.

Erin said...

How fun to see your brother and his cute family! Gosh, our brothers are all grown up and stuff... it's crazy!

Grandmothers are the BEST! They make you feel like a million bucks and bring out the best in you. How luck to have a whole month with her. Precious memories you will have FOREVER!!

And by the way... I sure love your brilliant smile!!