Sunday, April 20, 2008

Launch of Balk Talk

A couple of things have led me to create this blog for my family.

Friends and family have sent invites to view their blogs, "why not start your own?" they ask.
Sounds like scrap booking on computers to me. Who has time for that?

Then, my inspired friend, Kristin, shares with me her reason to start a blog, to keep her family history. Something clicks in my brain. Yes, this is a way for me to keep my family history and ease all the guilt that has been floating around from my dad, the stolid family historian, forever encouraging me to do my family history. I brush it off with, "why, when you're already doing it and mom's family has their own societies already. I don't have time; I'll do it when I'm your age." I've also slacked off on keeping my own journal as the prophets have counselled us to do.

So, I'm freeing myself of the guilt of these things. While I may not be helping my ancient family yet, I can prepare for my posterity of the future and "keep my book of remembrance and write my history." as the primary song says. Now, bye, bye, guilt, hello blog!

So, if you'd like to share in what's going on in our little piece of life, we'd love it! We've definitely loved sharing in yours.

~Rebecca
(Thanks Kristin!)

4 comments:

Erin said...

YIPPEE!!!

I am so excited you have started a blog. It is so much fun and an incredible way to keep in touch with family and friends AND like you said keep a family history. I am TERRIBLE at keeping a journal, so this really does help to ease some of that guilt, smile.

I can't wait to hear more from you!

Love ya chica!!

Shannon said...

That is so funny I thought the same thing about blogging at first. But my reasons to start are the same as yours. And it has been so fun connecting with friends that I haven't talked to in way too long. My plan is to have each year bound into a book.

I did hear about the reunion. I'm planning on going but Derek's schedule can be unpredictable. It would be so fun if there is a good turn out.

Well, I'll keep checking in. Can't wait to see photos of your family.

Rebecca said...

Hi Rebecca! I kept running into your comments on others blogs so I'm going to add mine to yours! I'm glad you'll be posting soon - it will be good to hear from you:)

Kristin said...

Hooray for Balk Talk!!! I am so happy you have crossed over to the coolness of blogging.