Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Flip Flop from flip flops?!!!

Everyone who knows me knows this about me......
Like it says......... I LOVE flip flops!
You can hardly find me wearing anything else, especially living in sunny southern CA.
Rain or shine, flip flops are fine.
This is my closet....
It has to be REALLY cold or we have to be doing a pretty knarly hike for me to even consider covering my feet. I can't stand shoes! I would wear flip flops to the gym if I could, seriously.
I'm not so sure my husband is so fond of this fettish. What would give me that idea? Here is Friday's phone conversation...
"Hi dear. How's work?"
"It was good. I'm on my way home." (he commutes now)
"When will you be home?"
"About 45 minutes... Hey, I was listening to this radio show and they were talking about how it's probably not a good idea to wear flip flops all the time."
"Really, why is that?"
"Apparently they pick up all sorts of bacteria. You can bring them into your home and make you really sick!"
"Really?" (sardonically)
"Yeah. You should probably make sure you get new ones pretty often. "(that actually was some advice to consider).
"Huh. Well, I heard that theory before too. However, the time I heard it I heard the opposing side call in and say the same goes for any type of shoe. All shoes pick up bacteria. They suggested everyone should leave their shoes at the door. So I guess really, we shouldn't be wearing shoes in the house."
"Yeah, well." Conversation over.
"See you soon dear."
you should know, Danny wears his shoes ALL the time and does not like going into homes where you have to take them off at the door.
You should also know that Danny has baby soft feet! They are really to envy.
Mine are rough and tough kind of feet, like a construction workers hands but worse. I try really hard to make sure that my heels are not always dirty and cracked and super dry but it really is a tough battle. Needless to say, they are very calloused and not fun to rub up next to in bed.
Maybe I should take this as a hint? I guess I may be losing the battle.
No, I'm sorry, can NEVER get rid of my flip flops. But I guess I should consider a rougher pumice stone!
Sorry dear!!
** DISCLAIMER... This is not EXACLTY how the conversation went down but the main gist of it!

4 comments:

Jeronimo said...

I have read several articles that say flip flops are not healthy for your feet, knees, or back. They provide no support and you have to walk unnaturally to keep them on. They were designed to be an "at the beach" footwear.

Baak Talk said...

For your information.. Jeronimo.. they have been wearing a sort of flip flop since Adam's time! They didn't have all this high tech rubber and foam. He lived to be about 900+ years I believe. I doubt that was with chronic back problems. I know I have none. A lot of people's lower back problems are from a lack of abdominal strength (so do your crunches!)

Only difference probably, his sandals didn't go between his toes. Body muscles learn to adapt.

I bet that study was put out by the shoe industry!!

Shannon said...

I love em too Beck.

Grammy Staffy said...

I used to love flip flops too. Now I have to have a shoe with more arch support...that is what happens in old age...my arches droop just like everything else...lol
Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog.
Love, Lura