Sunday, November 2, 2008

Dad's turn for FHE

A few weeks ago I was telling the boys they had to get their homework/chores done early because tonight was family home evening.

Bryce got really excited and said, "oh yeah, dad said we're going to McDonald's to win $100,ooo for FHE!!" I raised a skeptical eyebrow; "he did, did he?"
Bradley interjects "yeah, they're playing the Mormon Lottery there and the prize is $100,000!"

I've heard that term before, Mormon Lottery. It's Danny's jingo for Monopoly Game that McDonald's does every so often.

Of course this warrants a phone call right away to dad to verify what I know is going to unfortunately be true...
"Danny, I hear we are going to McDonald's to win $100,000 tonight for FHE!"
The laughter I hear on the other end confirms it.

This is one of those cases where I am not going to push a no. Mom gets sick of being the bad guy and I hate making dinner. This is an excuse to get out of it.

So off we went that night to McDonald's:

As you can see, like father like sons. They boys' enthusiasm can scarecly be contained as they play their game.!
Although Tyson is clueless, he can feel the excitement and he gets fries out of it after all!

However, my attitude is clearly reflected in that of Kierstin... what kind of FHE is this? Let's go home. Maybe we should skip dad's turn next time!! I do love you dear.






2 comments:

Allison said...

Ha ha! I'm sure John would love to do that too.

Erin said...

I think that's awesome! If you win the big bucks can we plan a huge friend reunion at your place? smile!